You can monitor your home through the Internet. Installing a system to monitor your home on the Internet is not more expensive or complicated than setting up a simple webcam. Here is a short article that explains how to monitor your home remotely.
Steps to Follow:
1. Equipment: Camera with Internet connection.
There are many systems complete available which are ready to install. Take the time to compare everything before buying. Use the Internet and compare the price differences between them and pack the items purchased individually.
2. Before you invest, make sure that there is a camera and its driver along with software configuration and remote control in the pack.
3. Some kits offer 3 packages including access to a website that allows you to easily monitor your home from any computer connected to the Internet. If this is not the case, tour the offers available on the market. If you have some computer knowledge, you can easily create a dedicated interface to monitor your home.
4. Do not forget to install the driver needed for your computer to communicate with the camera.
5. Install the camera control software. Make sure it has access to your camera and begin to explore the features available. Start taking pictures continuously, trigger when motion is detected in a specific area of the image, schedule photos at regular intervals etc.
6. Do not hesitate to spend time to define the best settings and angles of your cameras.
7. Connect your installation with your Internet site or the provider you have chosen.
8. Perform a test using the Web to make sure everything works. Now you are ready to monitor your home via the Internet.
Tips and warnings
- If you have a mobile phone with Web access, you can monitor your home with it. If you want to, you can even add more cameras and equipment.
- This system will complete the security of your home. You won’t be abandoning the traditional security measures.
- Take time to read all the magazines, before you buy your equipment.
How to Monitor your Home using a Mobile Phone?
Mobile phones are becoming more sophisticated and thanks to advances in networks, including 3G, you can now monitor your home using your cell phone, no matter where you are! Here’s how to turn your mobile phone into a PC for remote monitoring of the house.
Steps to Follow:
- A 3G (or more) mobile phone
- Camera, sensor and motion detector
- Subscription to a streaming service video surveillance
- Make sure your operator and your residential area are compatible with the telephone broadband Internet.
2. You can ask your security company about this. Some offer this option. Do some research on the Internet.
3. Take time to compare one provider to another. Ask yourself if you need temperature sensors, motion detectors, sensors for windows and doors, infrared cameras, wireless cameras and monitors electrical outlet.
4. Install only what is necessary in order to monitor your home through your mobile phone.
5. Once you choose the company, order your kit and start the registration process.
6. Upon receiving the kit, start the installation. There will be a CD included in the configuration; you only have to follow the instructions.
7. Place the cameras and sensors and make sure that the cameras have good viewing angles. Think whether you’ll need an electrical outlet. Consider well before placing sensors permanently.
8. Install the software you received with the equipment. Using the software put your probes and all the elements accordingly.
9. Make sure your Internet line is working properly. This is essential to monitor your home through your mobile phone.
10. Go on the Internet through your mobile phone and take a test in real situations.
11. Now you can monitor your home with your mobile phone, make several attempts to optimize the installation.
Tips and warnings
- Choose a modular system that will allow you to complete the installation of the protective device to your home as and when you want.
- Make sure your phone is fully compatible with this type of service.
- Keep in mind that monitoring your house with your mobile phone will not stop the burglars from returning. Always remember to close doors and windows.