The wireless alarm systems are much easier to install than other conventional systems. But one must still be careful while putting the elements together so that they don’t cause any interference.
Here’s a brief guide to installing a wireless alarm.
Steps to Follow to Install your System
Make sure you have all the required supply tools for a wireless alarm system.
1. Place the main control panel in a location that is close to the fuse box in the house. It should also have access to the telephone line.
2. Make sure windows activate the sensors and alarm about glass breakage.
3. Install the same sensors to every door of the home. This will ensure that if the door opens, a signal will be sent to the control panel.
4. Do not forget to protect your garage also. All areas of your home must be included in the installation of the wireless alarm system.
5. Install the remote control panel of the entire system near the front door of your home. It should be easy to access, because you will have to dial codes while going in or out.
6. When you first use the system, make sure you check everything. It is necessary that the electrical system of the house is working properly.
Tips and warnings
- Wireless equipment is sensitive to radio interference. Try to monitor the risk of interferences such as power lines, telephone relays, wind etc. in your neighborhood.
- In larger homes, it is sometimes necessary to adjust the relationship between the transmitters and receivers which may be affected because of distance. Always test to verify that each sensor is working properly.
- If in doubt about the wiring, consult an electrician whose professional advice may turn out to be very important.
- For testing, turn off the audible alarm or decrease the maximum intensity.
How to install a video surveillance camera in a home office?
When working at home, it is not uncommon to have facilities that look valuable and can easily attract burglars. It is increasingly common for independent entrepreneurs, who work from their homes, to opt for a video surveillance system. If you want to install a camera in your office, here are some tips to make your monitoring device more effective.
Steps to Follow
1. Look carefully at the office where the camera must be installed. Pay more attention to things like the position of furniture and office locations that require more monitoring.
2. The choice of angles is very important to install a video surveillance camera in your office.
3. The height at which the surveillance camera is placed determines the scope of it. Then lay out the support.
4. Decide what kind of camera you want to install. The choices are varied and the quality often depends on what we want to use the camera for. For example, a system is triggered by an infrared presence detector has a higher cost than a camera that films continuously. A system connected to a PC for monitoring will be even more expensive.
5. Ideally your camera must be able to catch any intruder by capturing his face from the front at least once. Be careful not to place the camera too high.
6. When the support is installed, the video surveillance camera can be attached easily. Then orient it so as to have the best possible light.
7. Think about the solutions that can allow you to hide the camera in a decorative manner.
Tips and warnings
- There are spy cameras available which are particularly discreet and effective. Always ask to see the image quality.
- Pay attention to lighting problems, if you do not choose an infrared camera or night shot feature, your images may not be usable.