You have decided to purchase a portable surveillance camera to monitor the house in your absence. And if you are wondering how to install it to maximize its effectiveness, the following tips will be useful to determine where and how to install a surveillance camera.
Steps to Follow to Install your Home Mobile Surveillance Camera
1. Choose a room where you want to put the camera. For example, the entrance is a place of passage required for most apartments, your office if you have professional equipment of value, your room to protect your jewelry or chest. Remember to install the camera in a location where it will be difficult to reach.
In contrast to external cameras which must be visible so that they deter criminals, an internal camera should be as discreet as possible. You may not be able to prevent the crime, but you can gather clues that will be useful for investigators to identify the thieves and their procedure.
2. The surveillance camera must be firmly attached, so it cannot be easily harmed.
3. Your surveillance camera should always be connected to power and should ideally have a battery in case of power failure.
4. Once the camera is installed, make sure it fits all the required fields well.
5. There are several types of home camera surveillance systems. Many have a built-in motion detector, which increases their effectiveness. This program enables cameras to be triggered only on the basis of suspicious behavior. If someone touches the table behind which is your chest is hidden, for example.
6. Experiment with the cameras with the help of another person. Look at several angles. You should always have the best view possible, with no blind spot.
7. Some portable cameras for the home can also save all that is recorded.
8. The infrared wireless cameras are the most advanced.
9. A camera that monitors the entrance to the house can show the comings and goings of a suspicious person.
Tips and warnings
- Take your time to make the right choice. There are many models, more or less efficient. Ask around, other people in the neighborhood may be having a portable surveillance camera for home and can give you an objective opinion.
How to Find an Alarm System with 24 Hours Surveillance?
It seems that the alarm system with 24 hours surveillance is in fashion. If you look up on the internet, you will find a multitude of offers. Take the time to make your choice before you sign up with a 24/24 monitoring company.
Steps to follow
1. Contact a local company and ask them a visit your home with their representatives.
2. With the company representatives, make a complete tour of your home and see how you can together find a good alarm system with 24 hours surveillance.
3. Ask for the cost of equipment, installation and monthly subscription monitoring. Try to get several prices in order to properly compare.
4. Do not hesitate to ask for references and explain how they work. You can also ask to visit their facilities. Call several of their customers and see if they are satisfied with the services offered.
5. Go further in your research before choosing. Go through some magazines and see if you find any interesting wireless systems. Check if they can be adapted to the configuration of your home.
6. Take some time for reflection. If in doubt, ask a representative to explain it to you better.
Tips and warnings
- If your alarm monitors for 24 hours, it will have elements which will cost more. Take only what you need. Inform your insurance company, it can probably reduce your monthly premiums if you increase the protection of your home.
- Be sure about the sincerity of the company you have chosen. It is sometimes better to pay a little more, but be fully assured.