An alarm system equipped with a fire alarm will not only protect against intruders but also against the risks of fires. It can be very wise to do two things at once and install a security system burglar and anti fire.
Steps to follow:
1. Take time to discover the products. You will find security systems for homes equipped with fire alarm on the Internet, in magazines or in specialty stores.
2. Start by assessing all the needs of the house, go around all the important places, wherever you need to put a probe. All entries, such as doors and windows must be considered. Also think about where you put your heat sensors and smoke detectors.
3. Have several security companies in consideration and choose the one that seems best. If you decide to order online and install everything yourself, check out all the deals with the benefits and rates. See the consumer forums, you’ll find lots of ideas which might help in avoiding a bad choice.
4. The best way to select a suitable system is to ask a person of the company you choose to come home. Make him walk around your house to help you prepare it depending on your lifestyle that will work best. Specify if you leave home often on weekends, if your house is usually empty during the day, if many people have access to your home or if you have any objects of great value.
5. If you order the system online, you will receive a proper kit. Make sure it is complete It should include a control panel, all probes of windows and doors, smoke detectors and heat sensors.
6. For the purchase of your kit, identify each piece that composes it, note the references, serial numbers, and then check on the Internet or magazines estimating products.
7. Once you have selected the alarm system equipped with a fire alarm, order all the items. Check at the reception that everything meets your requirements and then proceed to the assembly.
Tips and warnings
- Feel free to contact three or four security companies.
- Some devices allow the use of mobile phones to monitor the home remotely. It’s pretty convenient and it can be cheaper than and just as effective as being connected to a PC surveillance society.
Pay attention to the choice of the company. Some unscrupulous companies offer poor quality systems at misleading rates. Ask them a detail of the components of the system and search on the Internet. You can also request recommendations from your insurance company.
How to Know if a House is Protected by an Alarm System?
If you know that your home is protected by an alarm system, you can deter potential burglars. To do this, you do not need an alarm system or a heavy investment. Here are some tips for playing the card of deterrence.
Steps to follow:
1. Equipment: Safety Stickers
Buy stickers or decals of security systems and alarm, and put them on windows and doors. Remember to put them on all of the entries, including the garage and gates (primary and secondary). You can find these stickers on the Internet, in hardware stores and from security experts.
2. Focus on the entrance of your home. The burglars, when they want to visit a house, start by looking at the main entrance. Place a sticker “house protected by an alarm system” near your doorbell or peephole.
3. Talk to your neighbors and friends of your alarm system. Of course, you do not confess that you don’t actually have one. Remember to spread the rumor with your baker and the butcher.
Tips and warnings
- A statement which states “24 hours 24″ on the sticker is a plus.
- You can also buy fake security cameras at low cost.
- Beware of the bluff. If you put stickers without having an alarm system, the burglars are likely to notice it quickly.